Backup

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:18 AM

What do I need to do in order to keep a backup of this data?  Is it all just housed simply in the directory at which I run it from?

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2010 at 6:22 AM

The data is in 4 xml files (guild.xml, lootable.xml, options.xml and raids.xml) in the \xml directory where you installed the program.  E.g. if you installed it to c:\headcounter these files will be in c:\headcounter\xml.

Every time you exit HeadCounter, it zips these files up into headcounter-data.zip in the same directory so this file contains a copy of your latest data in a single zip.  So if you want to send this to another officer who i salso running the program, or to back it up somewhere else then you can just use this.

Also each time you import a raid it makes a zip of the current data and stores it in c:\headcounter\backups so this directory has old versions of your data after each raid should you ever want to go back to an earlier version (say you delete a raider by mistake or something).

Finally each time you import a raid it makes a copy of the raw XML from HeadCount in \importedraids.  i.e. so if you lose your in-game saved variables for HeadCount you always still have the raw data for each raid.

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Wow this is great, you really thought through the whole backup process, very good thank you.